Areas of Interventions
- Organizing Community and their Empowerment
- Natural Resource Management
- Social Forestry and Environment
- Revolving Fund and Enterprise Development
- Capacity building of NGOs, Panchayats, and Government Officials
- Education, health care and nutrition
- Skill development and Livelihood improvements
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, Food security
- Research and evaluation studies
- Disaster relief and rehabilitation.
- Climate change and related challenges have become an emerging theme in many of the OUTREACH projects and programmes. These changes pose enormous challenges to food and nutrition security of poor and vulnerable communities in developing countries. Climate change, coupled with new demands for renewable resources, agro fuels and changing land use patterns intensify concerns about food security, nutrition and health in the near future. Causes of climate change indicate role of human activities which have contributed to the increased frequency and intensity of natural disasters and global warming. In this scenario, there is an urgent need to act to combat the problem by reducing emissions, awareness and capacity building to withstand climate change impact in both short term and to develop carbon sequestration strategies in the long run programmes. For the benefit of small farming community, OUTREACH shall develop strategies and programmes towards future activities to combat the climate change impacts.
- Another area of future activities for OUTREACH is Rainwater harvesting by means of direct collection of rain water which can be used for drinking both in urban and rural settings, in situ moisture conservation for agricultural lands and recharge of ground water to store 70-80 percent of run off.
Rain water harvesting can be done at individual as well as in a community level. This way we can be self sufficient in terms of domestic water requirements and not just dependent on the actions initiated by government or any other local body. Awareness and capacity building about the importance of sustainable development and implementation of Rainwater harvesting principles could be the lead role which OUTREACH can play.
- Other areas of future intervention could be Organic Farming , Rural Sanitation and Health.